Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Eye Brows

My kids constantly keep me entertained, on my toes, and feeling any range of emotions so intensely depending on the circumstan- ces. This perpetual roller coaster makes me feel like I am really living my life, in the moment always - a real blessing of having children. I have found that it's the little things they say and do that make me smile, and hope I will keep those memories always.

Many of those moments involve their use of the English language. Just the other day Kenzie had me laughing when she asked, "Mom, can you help me find my eye brows?" She had her grass hula skirt in hand and she was pulling all of her dress up clothes out of her drawer. I asked her to repeat what she said, thinking I didn't hear her right, and finally figured out she must be looking for her bikini top, which she was calling her "eye brows". Turns out, she had heard the word "bras" and made an association between bras and brows, which sound similar. I now call her bikini her "eye brows" for fun.

Kenzie's Nana (my Mom) gave her the hula outfit when she was one, and the pictures I posted were taken then. No, it's not Cooper. Brien would die if I dressed our son in a bikini, but you can see why his Pops (Brien's Dad) calls him Cooper Kenzie. They look that much alike.

2 comments:

The 4-Crows Blog said...

That is an adorable story! Aren't you glad we have blogs? I would never have got that into a journal, especially w/ those cute pictures looking just like Baby Cooper!! I keep saying I'm gonna publish it and have found a site that will do it, but its hard to pick and choose which stories..(-;

Kayna said...

Would love to know that site! Our plan is to publish each year. I don't do scrapbooking or journaling, so my blog has become my catch all. I've found I've been so much better about taking pictures too now that I'm blogging. Thanks for following my blog, ShaRhonda!