Sunday, August 29, 2010

Garage Sale Loot

I heart garage sale shopping, but not just any garage sales. They have to be nice neighborhood wide garage sales or someone I know to take make the effort worthwhile. I've never had any luck driving to random garage sales - too many junky ones spread out all over the place, and everybody knows the early bird gets the worm. With neighborhood sales, you can cover lots of ground in record time, easily skipping over ones you can tell won't be fruitful.

This weekend I scored lots of loot in my neighborhood. Two of my neighbors with boys had garage sales. We got to pre-shop one the night before, and at the other I was first to arrive since I saw them setting up during an early morning jog. Here is a sampling of some of the deals I found (and why it is getting more and more difficult for me to buy things for the kids brand new at full price).

A rocket ship tent (like new): $10

Cute Gymboree outfit for Cooper (He wore it yesterday.): $3

Lamp (with cord cover included): $1 (Plan to paint it black.)

Saucony boys shoes in perfect condition: $.50

All of these Gap/Old Navy/Children's Place clothes & baseball cleats: $10

My kids are always excited when I come home with new stuff - especially toys. The upside is I get some great deals, the downside: I wouldn't have spent a dime if I had stayed at home. At least I took care of my shopping bug, for now anyway... until the next unbeatable deal comes along I can't pass up.

1 comment:

Hollygtn said...

that tent is WAY cool!