Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Status Update: Married

I've always thought it wasn't a good idea to spend a lot of money on a man's wedding band. When Brien lost twenty pounds doing P90X, he also lost his ring when it slipped off somewhere in his parents' backyard. His brother, Sean, just lost his at Grand Lake last month and the same is true for our brother-in-law, Scott. Brien's was a plain, inexpensive white gold band. He had been without a ring for nine months or so and we finally got in gear to look for a replacement starting at our weekly grocery shop at Sam's.

(I used to sometimes wonder about a man's intentions when I knew they were married and they did not wear a ring at work. Then, when Brien lost his, I didn't hurry out to replace it for several months due to timing and the hassle of shopping toting three children. It helps that I completely trust him too, so I was in no hurry. So, needless to say, I no longer think anything of it.)

We found something similar to Brien's old band for around $230, but after looking online went for a titanium ring on sale for $10, $2 shipping! Brien scours deals posted on couponcabin.com and ran across it. It's super light weight, so it won't be slipping off when he plays sports, and it actually looks really nice, in my opinion. If you have a nice ring already and want a back up for the lake or sports, you can't beat this price. When I went to get the link for my blog it showed this one is sold out, but there are still other good deals out there on titanium rings to be had.

No comments: