Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Twinkle Toe Skechers

Twinkle Toe Skechers
I am amazed by the volume of TV advertisements targeting kids and at just how effective this messaging is. Just the other day I overheard my four year old recount every instance of the Red Robin commercial where the kids are playing hide and seek and the girl who is it yells "Red Robin" and all the kids pop up out of their hiding spaces and say "Yum". She thought that was so funny. Red Robin is now always yelled out by the kids when we are trying to choose a restaurant. Though perhaps the most effective advertising has been for Twinkle Toe Skechers. Every time we venture to a store to look for shoes Kenzie asks for a pair. Connor even calls his Circo tennis shoes from Target his Skechers and I just go along with it. I personally think it is a bit excessive to spend $40 on a pair of shoes for a four year old who will grow out of them so quickly. We seem to be successful finding great deals at Ross or Marshalls and tend to pay around fifteen for quality tennis shoes. At my past trip to Marshalls we came across a pair of Twinkle Toes for $24.99. Though out of my range, I gave in and bought them due to her excitement and one comment in particular I couldn't ignore, "With these shoes, I can be a rock star!" If that's not effective advertising, I don't know what is.

I guess this is the price I pay for letting them spend too much time watching cartoons and Hannah Montana! I don't even care for these shoes. Now, what to wear them with?!?

No comments: