Thursday, July 29, 2010

Bath Time with Cooper

blanco silgranite sink
When we replaced our counter tops earlier this year, we also bought a black Blanco silgranite undermount sink (after finding the best deal online). I was tired of cleaning my previous stainless steel sink only to find that it still looked dingy. With our new sink I rinse with soap and water each time I do the dishes and clean with a little bit of vinegar just about once a month to keep it looking nice. But, perhaps what I have enjoyed the most about the new sink - an unplanned benefit - is that it is the perfect depth to give Cooper a bath.

Cooper loves taking a sink bath, or booty dip as I sometimes call it. He just smiles and splashes around in the water. Beforehand we clean the sink and line the bottom with a machine washable teddy bear bath sponge. We fill with water and/or rinse him with the gentle spray. We never bought a baby bath tub - another unnecessary, bulky baby thing to hide and store. Sink baths are fast and efficient, and who can resist cuddling with their freshly clean Johnson's baby.

No comments: