Monday, November 10, 2008

Coggy Doggy

We decided to keep it simple for Connor's Halloween costume this year. Kenzie and her friends at day care like to call Connor Coggy, so when I found this costume at the Just Between Friends sale in Muskogee this year, I couldn't resist making Connor "Coggy Doggy" for Halloween. The costume was only $3.50 because I bought it on the last day when everything is 50% off. Can't beat that! To add to the costume, I bought fake fur in the craft section of Wal-Mart and cut in the shape of his shoes and attached using velcro. For his paws, I used some mittens I already had and cut oval pieces of brown felt for the inside and oversized pieces of fur for the outside and compiled using hot glue. I cut the paw prints out of black felt and glued. Surprisingly, Connor loved wearing the mittens. I was afraid that he would rip them right off, but he kept them on all night.

We found that Connor was actually more interested in the animals that would come to the doors of homes than he was trick or treating. He loved to bark at the dogs - it was too cute!

No comments: